Monday, January 10, 2011

Day Four

I am up...with my wonderful cup of coffee.  Have given my sinks and tubs the clorox treatment.  Am making this initial
entry to my blog only to be inundated with details of my day later.  Now dishes and shower...like a G6?  Am heading out the
door to run a couple of errands and then head off to spend the day with my Sisters.  Arrived at my parents.  Pinky is
scrubbing the floor and now it looks absolutely spotless.  Shruti is upstairs cleaning.  Mom and Dad are doing them their
thing.  I just love being with the same area as my sisters...I forget all my problems and its very therapeutic for Me.  We
then congregate in the kitchen and munch on chips and Pinkys seven layer dip and chit chat and exchange the details of our
week.  Mom has yet again managed to piss off Pinky.  After getting no sympathy from me Mom continues with her chores.  We
have a great day and after Pinky picks up Tara from the airport...We gather in the living room with Jordan and Shruti and
watch Jersey Shores.  Pinky and I go in the kitchen to make cupcakes.  Mom and Dad come in the kitchen to pick on Pinkys
weight.   I walk out into the living room.  My heart gets really sad for Pinky.  It started with me and I did not want it
to continue onto my sisters.  My parents have a way of disposing off their insecurities in form of ridicule onto us.  And
this just becomes their little bully tactic before they disperse off to their final activities for the day.  Of course this
leaving the affected ones with guilt, hurt and anger.  That is how we go to bed.  So when does it stop and when do parents
actually act like parents and children get to be children.  When did children become the sponges with which parents mop
their disappointments, regrets and unfulfilled wills and dreams???  Why is nothing ever good enough?  Is that why We tend
to look elsewhere for acceptance in order to fulfil our parched desire to just be accepted as who we are?

No comments:

Post a Comment