Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day Twenty Two

Saturday.

Today I had a list of to-dos that I was not going to dismiss.  I woke up at 8:30 to the first yells of the morning.  Usually it is the first light but for me it is the first yells that crack my eyelids open.   I login to work and clean the kitchen after I start coffee.  Wow, I am really getting into this cleaning thing with a vengeance and I am so glad I am keeping to my schedule.  After cleaning the kitchen and rounding up the trash I have proceeded to cleaning the master bath.  I have given myself two hours to get all the cleaning that I can fit into that timeframe.  So far I am keeping up very well to that.  Cleaning...done.  Work...done.  Shower and stuff....done.  I partially get ready and pick up a baby shower gift that I need for the first party of the day.  I come back and finish getting ready and head out.  I go to publix and grab a small bunch of flowers for the mom to be and then on my way to the shower....complete the task of nicely assembling the gift and such while at a stop light.  I touch base with my b/f about the final preparatory details of her lovely rendezvous in the evening.  I get to my venue about 30 minutes late but see that other ladies are making their way there as well.  Aaah I have arrived fashionably late.  Perfect!!!  I find the mother to be and hand her the flowers.  She seems so happy to see me.  I look for the other two that are going to be there and exchange niceties even though I do not care to.  I am so confident and have taken extra care to doll up and feel good.  The shower is pretty fun, I win a gift bag and score the recipe for this yummy dip.  I am ready to head out and after my share of pleasantries...I am out.  I feel really good about myself because I get out of there pretty confident and my head held high.
I head home...fix my makeup...assemble the gift for party number two and then head out hoping to see Tracy today.  I get here about an hour late but looks like things have not progressed much and food is still being set out.  So, I am happy that I was able to make it at a decent time to both events.  Yessss!!!!  I love multi-tasking.  I was having a great time because I feel comfortable being around this crowd.  I hang  around a little bit after the crowd has thinned out.  I am about to leave and after being coaxed into staying...of course I did not need much persuasion:)...I stay.
At this time...its just a few of us.  It is pretty nice and fun.  This couple that has stayed behind must be one of the nicest couples that I have met.  They have been married about 33 years according to him and 32 years according to her.  It was an eventful night filled with laughs.  I finally make it home at around 1a.m:)

No comments:

Post a Comment