Monday, January 10, 2011

Day Two

I go to work...relishing every minute of getting there.  I have a great day.  I enjoy it and make the declaration that I
will be walking to work to save my tires as the construction is relentless where I live and I have had to fix my tires
three times.  Note to self ...need to call the construction company because I need to fix my tires yet again.  I am super
excited for my day because I am having a girls night with this delightful neighbor...She is ten.  She has the mind of a
twenty year old.  She plays video games all day and her Mom says She is a shy kid.  I feel my nurturing instincts switch on
because it reminds me of myself when I was ten.  Not many friends, no siblings at that time, and my thoughts and my books
to accompany me.  So, I have been sending little gifts her way...trinkets like books, small purses...girlie stuff.  Her Mom
stops me one day as I am going to work and says how her daughter looks upto me...so I suggest movie night if her daughter
is interested.  The Mom is beside herself and is super excited for her daughter to have a mentor.  So We decided on Friday
night(today) after I get home from work.  I made sure I was plan free today.  I call her Mom and ask her for suggestions
for Ninas favorite snacks and meal ideas.  After making my grocery runs...I head home...and her mom greets me as I am
walking home and says She will be sending Nina up with some chick flicks.  I prepare a wonderful spread of snacks and
drinks.  Nina comes over...We talk about girl stuff and boys of course, while watching her favorite movies...and We have a
great time.  It was an amazing evening...and before I know it...its midnight...!!  Her Dad comes to get her and is so
thankful for the time I spent with this daughter.  I feel so happy that I was able to make a difference in her life.  She
is such a smart kid with the mind of a genius.  So intuitive, well behaved and plainly and wonderful child.  The world is a
wonderful place.  Good night world:)

No comments:

Post a Comment